Friday, September 15, 2006

TRSI Sale time

Well, today I did my first online shopping with a credit card. It was The Right Stuf International's huge sale. You may have heard of it. Basically, you can order 10 items for $50 or 25 items for $100. Both come with free shipping. I absolutely had to take advantage of it because the sale was just so extraordinary. I did the 25 items for $100.

Here's a picture summary:




Akira: I've seen this movie only once and figured it would be a nice thing to have. Plus, the DVD probably has great audio.




Haibane Renmei: I have seen Haibane Remei only once, and even then, couldn't find the last episode to watch. I've always liked the story. For only $16, this series is a steal. Plus, it's aBe.




Koi Kaze: This series does freak some people out because of the incest content, but it's apparently very well-crafted show. I saw the first DVD and thought it was good.




The Locker: It looks like it might be bad, but I need a J-Horror in my collection. Plus, it seems like it may be similar to a slasher flick, only with ghosts.



NieA Under 7: I've seen an episode or two years ago in a convention drinking game marathon (no alcohol involved). aBe did the art, so that was my main reason in getting it. There's an episode where everyone gets high though, and that's always fun.




Onmyoji: This was one of the DVDs that I used to round out my 25 item count. Hopefully it's good. It warrented a sequel, so it should be good.




Paranoia Agent: I rented this series only knowing what Satoshi Kon had done before, so I was pleasantly surprised when I viewed this series. I still need the second disc though, but that's what Ebay is for.




Para Para US Mix: There were some good classic songs here, and Para Para mixes are always cool. I just hope the singer can do it justice. Cruel Angel Thesis, Just Communication, and Tank were some of the main factors in buying the CDs.




Sakura Wars The Movie: I love what I've read of the manga so far, so hopefully this will be just as good. I don't have high hopes though.




Tenchi the Movie 2: The Daughter of Darkness: I've never seen any Tenchi Muyo before, but the SNES RPG rocks. It looks pretty good though.




Tsukihime: I never finished the second half of the series, but it looked really good, despite the erogamer's opinions of the story being nowhere near as good as the game. I'm going to buy the manga soon too anyways, and that apparently tells a better story anyways.




Yuki Kajiura: Fiction: I absolutely adore Yuki Kajiura. She's probably my favourite anime composer. This CD has original tracks as well, which is always a cool thing.


Well, there you have it. Take advantage of the sale. It's just too good to pass up.

No comments: