Monday, January 29, 2007

Good GEASS!

I'm still not over Shirley's memory loss. Damn you Lelouch!


So Code GEASS was a show I went into with very little expectations. After SEED Destiny, I didn't really have faith in this show, which looked like a Gundam Clone at first. Thankfully, I gave it more than one episode, and was pleasantly surprised.

Throughout my experience so far, I've found myself liking the characters more and more. C.C and Lelouch seemed like fairly standard characters at first, but the writers gave them personalities, making them more than a Rei and Light clone, respectively. Kallen, Millay, Shirley and the rest of the student council are all fairly likable too. Of course, the characters we aren't supposed to like are all great too. It's hard not to hate the Brittanian emperor, Cornelia, and most of all, that lesbian xenophobic racist bitch Nina.

The story is fairly good too. The whole "revenge against the family that betrayed me" is a bit overdone and cliched, but even cliches can be good if pulled off right, which is what happened here. The creation of the Order of the Black Knights was cool to see pulled off, and the mysteries surrounding C.C. is intriguing too, though I prefer to see the character interactions more.

Music is pulled off great here, with the fantastic first opening theme, Colors, which just rocks. Unfortunately, the second opening had a hard act to follow, but it does get better the more I listen to it. The ending songs stay consistantly good too, though Ali Project REALLY needs to learn a new song.

All in all, this is a pretty good show, with consistantly good action and enough story to prevent it from becoming just a brainless action show. It's one of the three shows that I anticipate every week. Hopefully the end of the first season won't end in a cliffhanger, and the rest of the series continue to be as consistantly good as they have been.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man do I ever feel sorry for you now.

Anonymous said...

i lol at what he/she just said
"Man do I ever feel sorry for you now."
But yeah when I watched Code Geass it surprised me as well.

Just to let you know I'm a person who skips around on Code Geass fansites and look around.
:D

Anonymous said...

well.... if you haven't seen the second season....
she falls in love with him again! even though her memory's erased~<3